Call Us

(813) 892-7573

Email Us

Victor@driskellhomeinspections.com

Schedule

Schedule Online

There is a danger lurking in yards all over the country that many people only have a partial awareness of. This danger is any plant of the Toxicodendron genus. In plain English, these are plants like poison oak, poison ivy, and poison sumac.

For some, the oils from these plants only causes minor skin irritation, but others have such an extreme reaction that they may even need to be hospitalized. Most people typically fall somewhere in between these two ends of the spectrum. In most cases, the oil can cause rash, blister, and swelling.

If you need to remove these plants from your property, be sure to wear as much Personal Protective Equipment as possible. Even dead or wilted poison ivy, oak, and sumac can still have the oil on them. Many folks have sprayed weed killer on these plants, expecting them to be harmless once they’ve died, only to be surprised by the very opposite.

error: Content is protected !!